Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sunshine!

1,000 hits! Holy cow. When I started this blog I had no idea what I was really getting into. I can't believe that so many of you actually read this. I have continually been praying that God is able to use this to speak his love into your life. He has blessed me so much through this. It is incredible to actually see myself change and grow through this experience. I can honestly say that I know who I want to be and feel confident about the direction I am heading in life. I hope all you lovely bloggees out there get an opportunity like this sometime in your life. 
So... I am taking the time to write during my spring break because tonight my dad told me I was "slack-a-lackin". My response was, "I'm on spring break, nothing exciting has happened." He told me I should write anyways. This is for you dad. 
If you couldn't tell from my last blog, I had reached the point of exhaustion. Motivation and optimism were no longer in my vocabulary. Thankfully this week has put the spring back into my step. Maybe that's why it is called "spring" break! I apologize for the corny joke. I couldn't resist. The highlight to my week has been the glorious sunshine. I'm not lying when I say that I have legitimately prayed for the sun everyday the past month. Thanks God! Today I got to do pilates and I even got sunburned! I have never been so happy to have a sunburn. My massage therapist got sick and the only other available massage therapist was Rico... no thanks! So I went and got some fresh strawberries with the BF instead. I would say it was an equal trade off. After that I played house and went grocery shopping, made cookies, and had dinner on the table by the time everyone was done with work. I would gladly do that everyday if I could somehow make money doing it. Alas, I am stuck at some super awesome university in San Diego learning about something I'm super interested in so that I can get an ideal job... sigh. I guess it is just my lot in life. I will turn the drama off now. 
I hope this blog thrilled your socks right off. I vow to have something way more interesting when I go back to school. For now I will fulfill my promise of "treasuring my foundations" and soak in every minute of this break. 


A joyful heart is like a sunshine of God’s love, the hope of eternal happiness, a burning flame of God…..And if we pray, we will become that sunshine of God’s love-in our own home, the place where we live, and in the world at large.
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment