Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yay! I'm a pledge

I made it through rush week! I am now an ADX pledge. I have the best pledge mom ever! My pledge sisters seem wonderful as well. We are all definitely unique, but I have a good feeling about it. I am so glad I was brave. I know that this will probably end up being one of the best decisions I have ever made. God was really listening when I asked for some friends. My experiences as a pledge will probably be the topic of many blogs to come. I have a feeling it will be a whirlwind of fun and of making lifelong friendships. 
Considering that I'm actually at State to learn, I'm thinking I should fill you in on my academic experience so far. It is different than I expected. For one thing, teachers are way more strict about cell phones. They are not content with vibrate... they want it off. Scary! It has also taken some getting used to the fact that teachers actually encourage students to challenge them. Of course they always shoot them down in a timely manner, but they encourage it nonetheless. All of my teachers have colorful personalities to say the least. My Dance in World Cultures teacher is an old, plump, balding, one-hip-two-knee-replacement sort of fellow. He used to be a ballet/folk dancer. Enough said. My World Lit. teacher is super dramatic and talks like a valley girl who got hold of a dictionary. You can never tell if she is asking a rhetorical question or one that she actually wants us to answer. My SLHS (holler!!) teacher is a man, which is funny seeing how there are four guys and fifty-six ladies in my class. He has an earring and he only uses the names Mitzi, Dillon, and Joelle in his example sentences. I have never met my Dynamics of Biocultural Diversity (it sounds way more interesting that it actually is) teacher because it is an online class. All I know is that she loves giving tons of reading. So far it is harder than I expected, but I am loving it. It feels good to have a challenge. I'm settling in and feeling more and more like an Aztec with each new experience. Yay for the Aztecs and ADX!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment