Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Not-So-Peppy Pep Talk

Okay, so I thought I was officially a pledge. I was wrong! I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be super hush hush secret so I can't tell you what actually happened on Monday. However, I can say that it was amazing, crazy, and a tiny bit nerve wracking. There will be more to come tomorrow as well. Although last week was super tiring, this week seems so boring in comparison. To be honest, I'm in terrible need of a pep talk. College is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The grandness of it all is slowly wearing off as the days go by. When you live in such a small, comfy world it is easy to forget how many people are actually out there. For the first time I am realizing how small I am. I don't mean that in a bad way like, "Oh poor me. I'm so lowly." Not at all... It is more like, "Where the heck do all these people come from!?" I have never seen so many faces in my life. My mind has been racing trying to keep up with all the new faces I see and experiences I'm having. Too many emotions!!!! (mind explodes!!!!)  Truthfully though I am feeling lonely. It is to be expected. I know it won't be like this forever. I am slowly making connections and becoming more comfortable. I am figuring out who I'm going to be. Wouldn't it be nice if life really did have an easy button? One of my girlies that I used to coach came to me crying a few months ago. When asked what was wrong she said, "My mom doesn't believe that there is an easy machine. I tried to tell her it is real and when you use it everything is easy, but she doesn't believe me!!" At the time it was so hard not to laugh because she was so adorable, but right now I can definitely feel her pain. Life isn't pearls and daisies all the time? Dang it. Sigh... Okay, I will stop being dramatic. Now for some encouragement:

Philippians 4:5-7
 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
AND.....
Philippians 4:12,13
 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment