Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Youtube

As promised, a lighthearted blog typed up just for you!! Okay, so this is how it all went down. A few weeks ago, I find myself sitting in my Dance in World Cultures like any other Tuesday or Thursday. By the way, this class is not as exciting as I expected. Anyways, I'm sitting there minding my own business and watching the janky videos of clog dancers from the 90s. All of a sudden, the dancers start doing the jerk like professional gangsters. Yes, they were wearing dorky costumes. No, they did not realize how cool they were being... and to my dismay no gangsta rap took over the lone piano on stage. Despite all that, it was still amazing and entertained most of the class. We were all giggling when all of a sudden he looks up. He looks straight at me and says, "What's so funny?" I hate being the center of attention and I'm not one who thinks super quickly when put on the spot. So, like the eloquent individual that I am I say, "Umm they were jerking." Like I said earlier he is the farthest thing from hip so his reply was, "I know it is jerky. It was hard to film." The kind soul next to me can't just let it go and has to say no that's not what I meant. Let him think that's what I meant! How do you explan the jerk to an old dance teacher? He asks for more explanation and all I can say is, "Uhh they were doing the jerk. You know?"
"You mean their dance movements are jerky?" Thankfully, the girl next to me finally speaks up and explains that it is a dance that young kids do. He then goes on about how he has to get on "the Youtube" more often and maybe then he will know what his students are talking about. We continue on with the video and I get out of class the second he stops talking. Now that I have written all this out I realize it was probably even less exciting when it actually happened haha. I'm glad I could share with you one of my daily interactions with the (old)natives here at State. "You're a jerk!"
"I know. It was hard to film." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment