Sunday, April 10, 2011

"You Ain't Nothin but a gold digga" does not apply to God

As finals and the end of pledging are getting closer and closer it does seem as though I may never make it out alive. If I have learned anything this semester though it is, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I can talk to people I don't know, I can find my classes even if they are in the creepy corner of Peterson Gymnasium, I can be tired without dying, and yes I can get through things that are hard, scary, or just plain unappealing. Through Christ I can also learn more about myself, meet some of my true soul sisters, strengthen my faith, and be humbled more and more each day. One major lesson God has been teaching me this particular week is the importance of spending time with Him (coco how crazy is it that you have been thinking about the same thing???). This is something I always felt like I excelled at. I mean reading your Bible real fast every night before bed is good enough yea? That is definitely an excellent way to start. Why settle for that though? This week I made a valiant effort to not only spend more time at night reading through: Today In The Word (Look into it. I am not joking it will change your bible reading habits) but I also spent just a few minutes when I woke up before the chaos of the day took over. If I say I have a relationship with God shouldn't I at least spend as much time with Him as I spend on my other relationships? God is never a debtor. Sorry Justin Bieber, but this is a say "never" situation. He isn't a gold digger and being in love with Him is pretty cheap since it requires nothing but faith. If I could think of any other pop songs that talk about selfish significant others than I would probably make a joke about those too. Luckily for you I'm all out of ideas. End of tangent. Miraculously, I was more productive and on time this week than I have been the rest of the semester. Don't knock it till you try it. I can guarantee He will bless you more than we can bless Him through this small act. 
I realize that my blogs have been quite serious and important. I'm not going to apologize for that because when it comes down to it, God is the best thing going on in my life right now. However, Becoming An Aztec does come with some crazy antics... so tune in Tuesday for a reenactment of my conversation with my not-so-hip teacher about the "jerk". I think all you bloggees are simply wonderful!! Now my new favorite song by Switchfoot. Even the name is so beautiful it makes me smile. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment