Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rushing


Right now I am having one of those “calm before the storm” moments. I thought last week was tiring and action packed, but this week is definitely going to top it. I am rushing with a sorority starting tomorrow. It is a Christian sorority called Alpha Delta Chi. My brothers were part of the brother fraternity. I’m just carrying on the family tradition. I'm pretty sure they call it "rushing" because you will be so busy you will be "rushing" everywhere. Every night this week I will be down there going to a tea party, scavenger hunt, decade party, bonfire, and some special secret event. Ooohhh! I am so excited and so nervous! I know it will be tons of fun, and I will meet a lot of sweet girls who love the Lord. After this week of finding my way through 34,000 people by myself, it will be a very welcome change to know a few faces around campus. Also, every girl knows there is something so thrilling about a whole group of girls having fun and being silly. However... I would definitely be fooling you if I told you I wasn’t freaking out. 
I have been going through the Bible from start to finish, and I just recently finished reading Exodus. Being new on this huge campus, I can definitely relate to Israelites who were wandering around in the desert for 40 years. Thankfully SDSU is hardly a desert, I won’t be here for 40 years, they have wonderful restaurants (no manna for this girl), and I am equipped with a very handy map. What I love the most about the story of the Israelites in the desert is that even though they complained and strayed every chance they got, God was literally with them. His presence guided them and made a way for them everywhere they followed. Although His presence was with them, they were still separated from him by their sin. Jesus removed that separation, and now His spirit is there to guide and protect us all when we choose to follow. This takes away so much of the stress and uncertainty of “growing up” and going out into the big ol' world. My goal this week is to remember that although I will be rushing to class, rushing through traffic, and most importantly rushing a sorority I will have that calm Presence with me through the whole storm. That being said... Let’s do this! 

Romans 8:31 “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment