Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beginnings

Well, Hello there. Fancy meeting you here. I have discovered that starting a blog is actually really awkward and scary. "What if I decide my blog name is stupid in a month? Are these colors really representing who I am? Does this all sound cliche?" I'm guessing that no one will dwell on the name or the color as much as I am right now, so it would be best to just get myself started. First things first... why am I even doing this? To be honest it is mostly for me. Don't get me wrong I totally love whoever is reading this. I truly hope you can identify with my upcoming adventures, or at the very least get a few laughs every now and then. I have just started my first semester at San Diego State University. Go Aztecs!! It is kind of strange because I am starting in the Spring semester (who does that?) as a 17 year old junior. Also, I am still living at home which means I make an hour commute to and from school... and I know literally not one single soul. I'm pretty sure everyone spends their spare time wondering what that would be like. Let me tell you, it is definitely an experience. SDSU was actually my last choice for where I wanted to go. In a twist of fate, or rather by the hand of God, I am here despite whatever plans I made for myself. To sort through all of the overwhelming emotions and new experiences I will be encountering in the next few months I have started this blog. So here we are!
Going to a place where you are completely unknown can be quite scary, especially for those of us who are terrified at the thought of having to call someone or talk to someone you only kind of know. However, I also realize that it is a huge gift. How many chances do you get to be whoever you want to be? I could start calling myself Nancy and become vegetarian.... and nobody would know!! I have been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do with this opportunity. Who do I want to be? There is no one to remind me of any mistakes, regrets, or even good times that I can't go back to. Talk about liberating! I want to be like the girl my dear friends and family love... only braver, nicer, smarter, friendlier, and (I know this is vain) lovelier. 
I just got a card from the BFF, which had a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that I think goes perfectly with where my heart is right now. It is: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Aren't BFFs the best? I'm believing! Here I come future. 

2 comments:

  1. MEGGERS I can totally relate with you about choosing a college! APU was my absolute last choice school and isn't it funny that's where we end up? Figures that God knows what's best for us better than we do! There's always a reason why even if it takes us a while to figure it out! lol. Anyways I'm so glad you started this blog so I can keep up with you ;) haha. Keep them coming! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many people say they ended up the last place they thought they would. It is nice to get my bearings a little bit before I'm out there on my own. I'm so glad you like it. I was so nervous about it!! Love you more!

    ReplyDelete